Saturday, 8 January 2011

Enterprise Week

During Enterprise week, there were a number of different events available to attend. One of the events I attended was – Women in Business, which took place on Wednesday 17th November and lasted for five hours.

Women in Business was information from successful women who have made their mark in business. During Women in Business, there were a number of presentations that I watched.  These ranged from ‘Confidence and Assertiveness’, Dressing for Success and Looking the Business’, ‘ready, Get Set, Go’, ‘Suit the City’ and ‘Brand Yourself to Stand out from the Crowd’.  All of these were very inspiring and helpful but I feel the ones that stood out the most and I feel would help me in the future were -

‘Confidence and Assertiveness’ -  these two key attributes are required for success in business and in life. These can be developed through changing the way we think and by using specific skills. From this presentation, I gained knowledge on how to develop my confidence and assertive techniques so I will not only look but feel and sound more confident and assertive. ‘Being assertive is likely to lead you to feel better about yourself, feel more confident, feel more relaxed and have a greater awareness of your own needs and how to meet them’. (Susan Lock of Key Consultants)

‘Dressing for Success and Looking the Business’ – this was all about your image and the way you present yourself which should be a direct reflection of who you are and the message you are trying to convey. This was presented by Jane and Katherine Russell which run a business called ‘One You’. They assist companies and individuals in developing and maintaining the most effective and beneficial image suited to you through personalised consultative services including Style Guidance, personal Shopping, and Image Development.

I feel after attending this event, I have gained a lot of knowledge within the business sector from any different points of view. As I am looking at getting involved in the restaurant sector, I feel that the most important points are being confident and assertive, looking the part and having the knowledge as all customers will expect this.

1 comment:

  1. A good account of the presentations you attended with some detail given to how it will influence your future career.

    ReplyDelete